Causes of Vertigo
Dizziness is actually a common symptom associated with various disorders. Causes of vertigo may be related to the nervous system, but can be derived from ENT, cardiac, eye, and even psychologically. After all dizziness complaints, ranging from mild to severe, should be evaluated carefully in order to clear the source and the cause can be found in order to obtain optimal treatment or handling.
Generally, vertigo which often happens in everyday life associated with balance disorders or medical terms is called vertibular. In this case the patient does not feel dizzy if he sits or stands. But the change of position, such as sleeping on your back and then tilted to the side of the disrupted then there comes the vertigo attacks. Not only that, the movement of the head or the body is also able to stimulate the emergence of an attack of vertigo, which is like the movement backwards and forwards. Mild vertigo usually only lasts a few seconds.
Symptoms of vertigo can be triggered by various things, such as hormonal disorder which is marked by the presence of acne, fatigue, stress, lack of rest and so on.
Overcome Vertigo Attack
There is one form of exercise that can be done to try to overcome the vertigo attacks. Special exercises called vestibular exercises is as follows:
- Stand up straight, eyes open and then close. Do it five times.
- Train the rotating head movement. First, attach the chin to the chest, then move or turn your head to the left, continue until the position. Then change direction, by starting to the right. Each direction to do 3 times.
- Perform the movement also down slowly, then look up, repeat 3 times.
- Train also tilted head movement, ie try to stick to the left ear to left shoulder. Hold up to 15 seconds, then do the opposite. Repeat each masig direction 3 times.
- Sit with spine straight, eyes open. Then stand up. At the time the body was right up, close your eyes. Repeat three times.
- Train the eyeball movement to the right and to left (horizontal) with eyes open. Repeat in each direction three times. Then continued by moving the eyeball in a vertical, top and bottom.
- Practice your eye muscles by following the direction of a moving object, then focus your eyes on a stationary object.
- In naturopathy vertigo disorders can be helped by eating or avoiding certain foods. Every meal, try serving a pretty, not too much, avoid foods high in carbohydrates, foods that can stimulate the allergy (eg seafood, spicy, excessive acid), foods containing alcohol, caffeine, oils and fats.
- In addition, disruption of vertigo can be reduced by taking the enzyme Bromelain, Magnesium, Vitamin B12 which serves to regulate the balance of the nervous system. Ginger and Ginkgo is also very helpful to improve circulation to and within the brain.
- For a mild case of vertigo that is, aromatherapy is helpful to stabilize the nervous system, either inhalation (inhaled) or massage. In homeopathy can be used beberepa alternative medicine, including aconite, Cocculus, conium, Gelsium which depends on the severity of vertigo and its causes.