Purple sweet potato contains lysine, Cu, Mg, K, Zn average of 20%. He is also a good source of carbohydrates and other calories high enough. Coupled with a good source of vitamins and minerals, vitamins contained in sweet potatoes, including vitamin A, vitamin C, thiamin (vitamin B1) and riboflavin. While the sweet potatoes minerals such as iron (Fe), phosphorus (P), and calcium (Ca).
Other ingredients are protein, fat, crude fiber and ash. Total content of purple pigments (anthocyanins) varies at each plant and ranged from 20 mg/100 g and 600 mg/100 g fresh weight. Total anthocyanin content of purple sweet potato is 519 mg/100 g fresh weight.
The following are some of the health benefits of purple sweet potato:
1. anthocyanin in purple sweet potato is useful as an antioxidant that can absorb air pollution, oxidation in the body and inhibits blood clotting so the health of the blood flow more smoothly.
2. content of beta-carotene, vitamin E and C are useful as antioxidants and cancer preventing various cardiovascular diseases.
3. fiber and pectin in sweet purple very well to prevent digestive disorders such as hemorrhoids, constipation to colon cancer.
4. purple sweet potato anthocyanins also have physiological functions eg antioxidant, anticancer, antibacterial, protection against liver damage, heart disease and stroke.
5. active ingredient selenium and iodine twenty higher than other sweet potatoes, purple sweet potato that can be anti-cancer.
6. purple sweet potatoes have antioxidant and antibacterial activity of 2.5 and 3.2 times higher than that of the several varieties of "blueberry"
7. but it can serve as a source kabohidrat for the body and as a natural food coloring.
Still looking purple sweet potato as a food rustic and countrified ..? seen from the many health benefits that result from purple sweet potato, there is no harm in it as well as we try to sweet tastes good. One thing to remember too much consumption of cassava may cause us frequent flatulence (farting).-Db-